Sunday, November 27, 2011

Sunday 11-27-11

What great testimony, i should be better then i am.

Tim Tebow responds to Jake Plummer's comments on his faith

A day after former Broncos QB Jake Plummer said in a radio interview that he wished the man currently taking the snaps in Denver, Tim Tebow, would curb his references to Jesus Christ and his faith, Tebow responded.QB Tim Tebow could have the Broncos in first place by the end of Week 12.


Asked about Plummer's remarks in an interview on ESPN's First Take, Tebow said:

"If you're married, and you have a wife, and you really love your wife, is it good enough to only say to your wife 'I love her' the day you get married? Or should you tell her every single day when you wake up and every opportunity?

"And that's how I feel about my relationship with Jesus Christ is that it is the most important thing in my life. So any time I get an opportunity to tell him that I love him or given an opportunity to shout him out on national TV, I'm gonna take that opportunity. And so I look at it as a relationship that I have with him that I want to give him the honor and glory anytime I have the opportunity. And then right after I give him the honor and glory, I always try to give my teammates the honor and glory.

"And that's how it works because Christ comes first in my life, and then my family, and then my teammates. I respect Jake's opinion, and I really appreciate his compliment of calling me a winner. But I feel like anytime I get the opportunity to give the Lord some praise, he is due for it."

Plummer had this to say Monday on XTRA Sports 910 in Phoenix:

"Tebow, regardless of whether I wish he'd just shut up after a game and go hug his teammates, I think he's a winner and I respect that about him. I think that when he accepts the fact that we know that he loves Jesus Christ, then I think I'll like him a little better. I don't hate him because of that, I just would rather not have to hear that every single time he takes a good snap or makes a good handoff.

"Like you know, I understand dude where you're coming from ... but he is a baller."

Asked by ESPN's Skip Bayless if God makes him a better football player, Tebow would only grant that his faith gives him peace and comfort on the field.

Before the interview began, Bayless blasted Broncos executive vice president of football operations John Elway for not supporting his young quarterback, who has gone 4-1 this season since being installed as the starter.

During a radio interview in Denver on Monday, Elway would not commit to Tebow as the team's long-term starter, saying: "When you look at our third-down numbers, those have to improve. ... The bottom line is we can't go 3-for-13 and win a world championship."

Elway was hired during the offseason to reverse the team's recent struggles and inherited Tebow, who was drafted by former coach Josh McDaniels. According to The Denver Post, Elway has been actively scouting quarterbacks in advance of the 2012 draft, including Baylor's Robert Griffin III and Oklahoma's Landry Jones.

Tebow declined to get caught up in any perceived slights from the organization, saying he remains thrilled by having the opportunity to start and play in the NFL.


http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/11/tim-tebow-responds-to-jake-plummers-comments-on-his-faith/1?loc=interstitialskip

Controversial “anti-Semitic” vodka billboard taken down in NYC

A billboard for Wodka vodka in NYC has been taken down and destroyed after complaints that the advertisement's message is anti-Semitic. The New York Times reported that the billboard featured a long-haired dog wearing a yarmulke and another dog wearing a Santa hat with the words, "Christmas quality, Hanukkah pricing," alongside the photo.

The backlash against the billboard was nearly instantaneous. Ron Meier, regional director of the Anti-Defamation League, called it "crude and offensive."

"To use the Jewish holiday in dealing with issues of money is clearly insensitive and inappropriate," Meier told the paper.

Brian Gordon, head of MMG, the advertising company behind the billboard, said the billboard's message was not intended to be offensive. "We thought people would perceive it as 'ha ha quirky.' But people perceived it as offensive, and because of that, we pulled it." Mr. Gordon, according to the Times, was "quick to point out" that he also is Jewish.


Wodka was quick to formally apologize as well, offering this explanation via its Twitter account:

"Although rarely serious, we apologize to anyone we may have offended through our holiday campaign and are removing our billboard immediately."

However, Gawker dug deeper into Wodka's Twitter account, quickly finding more questionable images:



[O]n the company Twitter you can find a picture of the "Jewish" dog posing with Jonathan Cheban in a different ad. There's also this sheep wearing a sombrero standing near a Wodka bottle, and a "black Russian"—a black man wearing one of those fuzzy Russian hats.
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/sideshow/controversial-anti-semitic-vodka-billboard-taken-down-nyc-154304409.html

No comments:

Post a Comment